DrDepth app for Apple and Droid smart phones Review
DrDepth can create maps for your smart phone. The side scan, depth maps or bottom hardness maps can be saved as a file that will be displayed in the DrDepth app on your smart phone. Your position is displayed on the map using your phone GPS.
Sample maps that will show up on the smart phone
Side scan mosaics with depth lines
Bottom hardness map
Yellow is the hardest (rock hump)
Blue is the soft bottom around the hump
Mobile Map Tutorial
1.Create map as usual in Drepth
Select Tools, Create Mobile map
3. Name the map and it is saved as a .dmm file for the smart phone
To upload a map to an Android unit
1. Create a folder named 'drdepth' on the SD card on your Android unit.
2. Place your .dmm map file in this folder.
Note: on some Android units the internal flash memory is reported as 'sdcard' to the system - on those units the 'drdepth' folder must be placed there.
To upload a map to an iPhone/iPad
Connect the unit to your PC/Mac and start iTunes. In iTunes:
1. Select your device in the left pane.
2. Click 'Program' in the upper menu in the right pane.
3. Go down to File sharing.
4. Select DrDepth MVP and Add the .dmm files.